Eco-friendly with a revolutionary rollable self-emissive panel, the solution provides a unique blend of visual integrity and interactivity
San Jose, Calif., March 15, 2018
Prysm, Inc. a leading display and visual collaboration solutions provider, is creating a new category in the display market by unveiling its latest display innovation – the Prysm Laser Phosphor Display (LPD) 6K Series. These interactive large-format single panel displays offer a panoramic image uninterrupted by seams or bezels with power consumption similar to a commercial coffee maker. The displays are shatter-resistant, flexible and offer rollability for transport.
New Era for Video Walls – LPD 6K’s Defining Technology
Very few technologies can deliver top-notch experiences across vastly different use cases, which the LPD 6K masters exquisitely. From an up-close ideation session using touch, to a private theater setting with a large audience, the images and content remain crisp and brilliant.
The new Prysm LPD 6K features:
- An immersive, bezel-free viewing experience, featuring a high fill factor and an exceptional contrast ratio, resulting in striking picture quality and built-in interactivity with more than 32 simultaneous touchpoints
- A cool-to-the-touch screen with low power intake, consuming at least 20 percent less energy than similarly sized LED/LCD video walls with 96 percent recyclable materials
- Better serviceability with easier access from the front of the unit
The LPD 6K Series is uniquely optimized for the following markets:
- Collaboration and innovation centers – coupled with Prysm’s visual collaboration platform, the LPD 6K makes meetings more engaging and immersive, ultimately resulting in better, faster decisions
- Digital signage – delivers a beautiful, uncompromised distance-viewing experience at 6K to draw in customers with the ability to easily switch to an immersive, touch-enabled experience
- Private theaters – provides an ultra-clear, color rich 6K experience with an uninterrupted viewing experience
The new modular design helps speed display integration and permits installation in a variety of locations. The durable front screen – made of a specialty coated polycarbonate layer – is rolled into a cylinder for easy transport. Thanks to this feature, integrators can negotiate tight corners and enter through standard doors and passenger elevators during set-up – something that is nearly impossible for traditional large-format displays.
The LPD 6K Series is currently in general availability and shipping to partners and customers. The new solution is helping to define a new category of interactive large-format single panel displays, with bezel-free viewing above 100 inches, with screen sizes available at 190 and 135 inches.
Supporting Quotes for the LPD 6K Series
“The Prysm LPD 6K is the centerpiece of our new Media Learning Center, where we conduct advanced clinical education and training for our healthcare practitioners,” said John P. Troup, Ph.D. and vice president of clinical science, education and innovation, Standard Process. “At a time when practitioners are looking to incorporate more wholistic™ approaches to support their patients, we require a technology solution that can help us better illustrate and share our message. We are very excited about this new Prysm technology, as it makes the patient come alive for our audience, delivers augmented reality-based education and provides a more engaging and effective experience than ever before.”
“Since its inception, Prysm has pushed the boundaries of technology and collaboration with its constant innovation,” said Tom Spearman, executive vice president, Diversified. “Effectively harnessing creativity relies on the ability to efficiently communicate and collaborate in today’s digital workplace environment. We are excited to partner with Prysm and begin demonstrating the new capabilities of the LPD 6K supporting seamless collaboration for our clients, whether in a single room or across the globe, to open the mind to innovation and ultimately better decisions.”
“Since 2012, Prysm’s LPD technology has been the building block of each of our video walls and has been deployed by more than 200 global brands spanning vertical markets such as automotive, consulting, technology, finance, pharmaceutical, media and universities – to name a few,” said Dr. Roger Hajjar, founder and CTO, Prysm. “With today’s LPD 6K news, we are eliminating the disjointed experience that can be created by tiled video wall solutions to deliver an exceptional combination of visual integrity with a responsive touch experience – setting a new standard for interactive video walls and collaboration.”
LPD 6K Series Package
The LPD 6K display is available with Prysm’s visual collaboration platform known as the Prysm Application Suite. The Prysm Application Suite consolidates applications, content, video conferencing, and the web into a touch-interactive workspace, where teams can work smarter together. This combination is known as the LPD 6K Series and is made up of the following components:
- 190-inch or 135-inch LPD-powered single panel large-format display and Prysm collaboration appliance
- 90-day Prysm software trial license (optional)
Additional information on the LPD 6K Series can be found here.