Advanced’s story goes back to 1995…
Advanced was established in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada in 1995 as a leading provider of audio visual equipment. Within one year Advanced quickly evolved into a full service audio visual integrator including services such as engineering, design consultation, installation, control programming, and system maintenance.
Advanced’s primary client base is in the corporate, government and higher-education markets. Project highlights over these years include:
- The Air Jordan Store Toronto – Complete AV Design, Supply and Installation
- Barrick Gold – Toronto HQ Main Boardroom featuring Prysm Visual Collaboration videowall system
- CNN Washington D.C. – Highest Resolution LED (1.2mm) videowalls in flagship Wolf Blitzer and Jake Tapper Studios
- USA Broadcast Studios – WJAX, WFMZ
- Microsoft – Retail Store AV Roll Out across multiple cities in Canada featuring videowall technology
- CTV – AV Design and Installation for: 2012 Olympic TV Set, CP24, Marilyn Dennis, eTalk, Daily Planet
- CBC – The Goods Studio
- University and College AV Design and Installation at: Sheridan College, Seneca College, University of Toronto, University of Guelph, Mohawk College.
- Microsoft Canada – AV Design and Installation for Offices: Toronto, Mississauga, Calgary, Halifax, Montreal
- Pepsi Canada – AV Design and Installation for their new Canadian Headquarters
- GE – AV Design and Installation for 100,000 sq ft office and customer experience center
- St. Joseph Hospital – Video Wall Design and Installation for multiple operating theatres
- SirCorp – AV Design and Installation of over 20 restaurants including (Jack Astors, Loose Moose)
- Microsoft Canada – AV Design and Installation for offices: Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, and Mississauga
- Pearson International Airport Terminal 3 – Canada’s first digital signage network in an Airport
Today, Advanced has offices in Mississauga, Toronto, Ottawa, London, Sudbury, and Orlando (FL) with partner offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. The Mississauga headquarters cover office and warehouse space of 25,000 sq/ft and employs over 100 staff in its various locations. The US main headquarters are in Orlando, FL.
Advanced is a leading Canadian audio visual and collaboration systems integrator. We create spaces that foster communication and collaboration. Advanced focuses on visual collaboration solutions from Microsoft, Google, SMART, and video conferencing / telepresence systems from Polycom. Advanced specialty areas are: visual collaboration products, video walls and large displays, room automation, projector installation and audio systems.
Advanced’s flagship manufacturer partners are: SMART, Polycom, Crestron, Christie, NEC, Hitachi, Epson, Sharp, Samsung, Delta, BrightSign, Prysm, Leyard/Planar, Microsoft, Cisco, Logitech and Extron.
Other Advanced businesses include its K-12 Education division called Advanced Education, created in 2003 to sell education focused AV and IT products. Advanced Education is the largest supplier of audio visual technology to K12 schools in Ontario, and is frequently SMART Technologies largest Canadian partner.
In 2004 Advanced founded its online business group called Advanced Direct that was established to sell audio visual products nationwide. Advanced Direct comprises of over 12 websites, processing over 500 transactions a day. Advanced Direct is Canada’s leader in the sale of projectors, projector lamps, and document cameras over the internet.
Did you Know?
In 1983 our founder and chairman, John Weatherhead, created one of Europe’s largest audio visual dealers, Reflex Ltd. in Reading, United Kingdom. Reflex was established to sell and distribute the world’s first digital projectors from Electrohome. As digital projectors started to take-off, Reflex facilitated not only the sale of these projectors but also the engineering, installation and integration of them into customer environments. After growing Reflex into a large and well respected AV dealer in the UK, our Chairman founded Advanced. The experience and foundation of knowledge that helped pioneer digital projectors into the UK market was carried over into Advanced. The same business values carry-on in Advanced today, over 30 years later, as we push the boundaries of traditional audio visual to create systems that surpass our clients’ expectations.